Saturday, December 6, 2008

Playing catch up....no baby yet!

Just to get that out of the way...no we haven't met the newest member of our family just yet. I am seeing the signs of things starting to happen though, so I'm still hoping to have this baby before Christmas, at least!

This week has been quite busy...I thought that being released from Young Women's would help slow things down a bit, but that hasn't been the case. Nothing like preparing for a baby to keep you busy!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner last week with Todd's family. All of the grandkids had a GREAT time seeing eachother and Garrett keeps telling me that he wants to go on an airplane to see Brynlee and Kam...soon! We got pictures of all the kids with Great Grandpa Al and Great Grandma PJ, but mine didn't turn out very well. I did get a good one of all the kids with Velvet.


Last night we had our ward Christmas party. I'm glad we went...although the program went a little long for the kids...they just didn't want to sit there anymore! The primary did a quick rendition of the nativity scene. Garrett went up there for a bit and was standing by the angels, but didn't have a halo like the rest of them so I'm not quite sure where/what he was supposed to be doing...they were on the end of the stage and Garrett kept creeping closer and closer to the side until he was out of sight. Someone must have talked him into going back out there, but that only lasted for a second and he was gone again. Next thing I know he was running back to our seats and in Todd's lap. Maybe someday he'll surprise us and come out of his shell a little. I figured it couldn't be any worse than the boy who was standing next to him acting like 007 or something. He kept jumping from behind the curtain with "guns drawn". It was quite entertaining for those who could see him. The highlight of the night was of course Santa Claus! Garrett was so excited and sat on Santa's lap with no hesitation...Lauren was a different story. Oh well....there's always next year!


Well that's the major stuff that's gone on this week in our little world...hopefully my next post will contain some BIG NEWS! :)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Yeah, Im banking on our babies sharing a bday! Come on join me this week! Id been thinking about you and wondering if you had popped. I havent seen you forever, beings how I dont leave the house unless I have to!

Heather said...

Amen to that LONG program. Poor kiddos...

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Oh Santa pictures... we'll have to do those this year with Dawson!! How sweet! Get that baby out soon I cannot wait to meet the sweet little addition!! Love your kids so much!