So here we are...40 minutes from now I'll be officially 5 days overdue. Seriously, I don't know why I even let myself think I was going to go on or near my due date...I guess I was hoping this one would be different. I was 3 days over with Garrett and 5 with Lauren. Hopefully we'll stay within a week this time around too. I really can't blame the kid, I wouldn't want to be born when it's 9 degrees outside either! I'm a summer girl myself! I think the hardest part for me hasn't been physical, although my hips feel like they want to give out on me half the time. The most difficult part has been my emotional state the last couple of weeks. One minute I'll be fine, and the next I'll be freaking out because I want the house clean before I go into labor, therefore crossing my fingers I'll come home to a clean house (wishful thinking?). My kids have taken it all in stride, as has Todd. I know it must take every ounce of energy he has to keep from making "she's hormonal" comments! He did mention yesterday that he noticed this pregnancy has been "a lot harder" on me than my others. As grouchy as I've been with him lately, I really appreciate his tactfullness...is that a word? Gotta love him :)
I have been having contractions, although they are not very consistent. I guess I'm just thankful that's a sign of something happening. I have a non-stress test tomorrow just to make sure the baby is still doing fine, but won't actually be seeing my doctor until THURSDAY! He really thought he'd see me go into labor last weekend, then expected to see me that night after my last appointment. Can you tell he's a little more hopeful than I am?! I am truly praying (as I'm sure my husband is) that she will come soon, but more importantly that everything goes well and she is healthy! Wish me luck!
10 years ago



6 comments:
I hope all goes smoothly for you Shana. Good luck and we will see you and your new little bundle at Christmas!!
Hang in there Shana...and Todd! I keep thinking, any post we will be seeing pictures. I truely feel that the last few weeks are so uncomfortable so that you find yourself looking forward to all pain.
Shana, I am thinking about you (and Todd)! Still sending those labor vibes, but I guess they must be going to someone else. But, I am still trying!! Castor oil is starting to sound pretty good, huh??? Just kidding!
You hang in there. It should be an unwritten law that no woman go past her due date. I guess it just helps us to look forward to getting the job done. This is why women are the stronger sex. Don't tell Uncle Joe I said that, it would just start an argument. Just know you are in prayers and alot of other people too!! Look forward to seeing my new little great neice and of course you too!!!!
Congratulations!! Wow 7lbs and 11.5 oz. She's pretty little. See I knew you wouldn't have to wait til Thursday!! I think every woman should go once without an epidural. Sounds like she made you wait long enough and decided she wanted out right when she wanted out. I can't wait to cuddle her.
I just heard that you had your baby! Congrats! (And by the way, what an adorable name!!) I hope you and the baby are doing well and get to go home soon.
Post a Comment