Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lesson Learned

So Todd comes home from work today and finds Garrett downstairs playing with a watch. Only problem is...neither of us have ever seen it before. :( It's not an expensive watch or anything, but we couldn't figure out where in the world it might have come from. Garrett just kept saying he'd found it on the floor. I finally thought to ask if he'd taken it from preschool today. The look on his face told me that was it. I do a co-op with a couple of other moms, and he'd taken the watch from the house they were at today. We explained to him that you DO NOT take something that belongs to someone else, that's stealing, unless you've asked to borrow it or they give it to you. We decided that even though it probably wasn't a huge deal to them, he needed to take it back and apologize right away. So....we hop in the car and drive over there. He told me as we pulled up that he didn't want me to go with him, I needed to stay in the car. That's a huge deal for him because he is soooo shy. He walked right up to the door and knocked. I don't think he said a word, just handed it to my friend and walked away. I gave a quick explanation (from the car) and she thanked him for bringing it back. As we drove away Garrett said, "Mom, I'm never gonna steal again!" Hopefully that's the truth :)

2 comments:

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Oh poor little guy!! That makes me sad. Good job Todd & Shana!

Anonymous said...

How brave of him! I am so impressed he felt he needed to take care of business by himself!