Thursday, May 7, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

Holy moly, what a week! I'm hoping to get a good Mother's Day post done sometime this weekend. Here's what is keeping us busy these days...

Last weekend I was able to attend our semi-annual women's retreat at Ensign Ranch. This is some serious "me" time. We left Friday morning and headed toward the ranch, stopping in Ellensburg and the outlet mall at North Bend (OK, so that's 45 minutes PAST the ranch). We had a fun day shopping and we were ready to eat and relax by the time we got to the lodge. After dinner we pulled out the projects and got to work. We had so much fun laughing, talking, laughing...oh, did I mention laughing? A few of us only got about 3 hours of sleep...and I only got 4 scrapbook pages done, but what more can you expect when your also packing a 4 month old around?! We came home a very tired bunch, but all in all had a great time. I'm already counting down the days until October!!!

Todd's found some new workout buddies at the fire station and is pretty excited to have someone to share this interest with. It means less time with him at home a few evenings a week, but we're glad to see him so motivated. Me on the other hand....well, we don't need to discuss my motivation...or lack thereof...

The last couple of days I have been working at the flower shop again. I'm getting my practice in on making corsages, between Prom Saturday and Mother's Day Sunday. Thank goodness for wonderful friends and family who are willing to take THREE kids for the day. Thanks Velvet, Lindy, and Kreanna!!!! I'm also working on a wedding cake for Friday night. Hopefully all goes well and I have pictures to post soon!

I'll end with a cute little conversation I had with Lauren this morning as I was putting on my makeup....
Lauren: What's this, Mama?
Me: That's eye shadow.
Lauren: No, MY shadow.
Me: No, EYE shadow.
Lauren: No, MY shadow.
Me: No, Lauren. EYE (pointing to her eye) shadow.
Lauren: Ohhh, MY eye shadow!
I was cracking up all day thinking about that conversation, and if you know Lauren, that conversation was full of all kinds of attitude!

4 comments:

Aletha and Brian said...

I am TOTALLY jealous of your retreat! You guys HAVE been busy. I am also cracking up thinking about your conversation with Lauren!!!

Jodie said...

Glad that you were able to have some "me" time! And I can totally picture that conversation with Lauren. She is too cute!

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

So cute! I want to go to a retreat like that!

Todd and Shana said...

OK ladies the next one is planned for October 9-10 and you're all invited :)