For the past two years I've been involved in a co-op preschool for Garrett. The first year we had eight moms rotate who taught and helped each week. This year most of the other moms got smart and sent their kids off to school ;), but three of us decided to try it again. I'm so glad we did! While Garrett was a little nervous at first being the only boy, he quickly (or at least from what I saw) got use to the idea and had a great time. Last year he would only sit by the boys, talk to the boys, play with the boys...etc. This year he has learned that even girls could be his friends. It was a little easier having less kids when it was my turn to teach, since it gave me more time to focus on what each one was doing. Each week we focused on a different letter of the alphabet, and all our activities focused around that letter, or things beginning with that letter. 26 letters worth of activity sheets, crafts, games, songs and snacks later, they had a graduation! Amy put together the cutest caps and diplomas, and even a little thank-you from the kids. I'm so grateful for Amy and Leslie and that we were able to do this together! It was so much fun!




4 comments:
Can you believe our boys are that old. Seems like not long ago the joined our families. Congrats mom. I was just thinking about how hard it is going to being walking the twins to thier first day of school next year. (TEAR)
That is so cute. I totally miss that little guy (and the rest of you)! You guys definitely need to come make a visit, actually you should just move next door!
Sosososo cute! Haven't seen ya'll in a while!
Garrett, Im so proud of you. Graduating from pre school is awesome. You have grown up so fast and next year kindergarden!!!!!!!!!!And kudos to you Shana for doing that.
Post a Comment