Monday, March 2, 2009

Ella's Blessing Day


Yesterday, we finally blessed our sweet little Ella. Unfortunately Todd came down with the respiratory flu on Friday. We kept hoping he'd feel better by Sunday. Saturday afternoon he was so bad he asked me to call his dad to come over and give him a blessing. His fever broke and he felt great for most of what was left of the day. He woke up Sunday morning not even wanting to get out of bed. So, we called on his dad once again to bless Ella for us. At first I was so very sad that Todd wasn't going to be blessing her, but as the day went on I felt very at peace with the decision. We could have postponed it until a later date, but we'd already waited this long, and family was coming from out of town to be there. We just felt like it needed to be done that day, so Ella was blessed by Grandpa, and I think that will be special to her someday. She was given a beautiful blessing, a member of the bishopric told me later that he was holding the microphone and he peeked to make sure he was holding it in the right spot, and as she was blessed to be married in the temple and to be a mother, she had the biggest smile on her face. So sweet! A huge thanks to Roger for being there for us, as always.

After church we headed to Todd's parents for a wonderful dinner. We had ham, roast, rolls, salads, and so much more yummy food! The kids had a great time together (driving the rest of us crazy ;))! It really turned out to be a very nice day, and I'm so sad Todd had to miss it. He is feeling better today and was able to go to work, so we are grateful for that. Thanks to everyone who attended Ella's special day!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

She is so cute! I love her perfect little face. Congrats Ella, maybe I can meet you someday!

Velvet said...

Ella is adorable. What a great blessing it is to be able to attend such wonderful events. Ella, we love you so much already. Todd, so happy to hear you are feeling better. Shana, you are amazing. It was a special day for us all.

Jodie said...

I'm sorry that Todd was sick and not able to bless Ella, but how special it is to have been blessed by her grandpa. Glad that Todd is feeling better and Ella is beautiful as always!

Cox Family News said...

She's beautiful Shana, what a blessing when you were so afraid you wouldn't have any kids. I'm happy everything went so well. Your such a good mom. Can't believe you and Mishelle are moms.
Love, Aunt Lorrie

Mishelle Noyes said...

It was a such a special day! Thanks for having us there to witness it. Thanks for all you do you are such a good friend! I'll always look up to you. Love ya! P.S. your pictures are perfect! Ella is beautiful!

Heather said...

Such precious pictures! I wrote down a few of the things your father-in-law said, but he was going awfully fast! I will hand you my scribbled notes next time I see you.

Aletha and Brian said...

She is beautiful. I love her dress, did you make it? Wish we could have been there, I hate having to miss events like that!

Jen said...

Awww...she is so perfect. I absolutely love your photos of Ella.

3 more months till we can bless Sullivan...I can't wait!