Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Big 2nd Grader!

Wait! Didn't we JUST start summer vacation?! How is this little man already starting 2nd Grade?! Well... ready or not, today was the first day of school. The weather was more than happy to cooperate, already dropping 10-15 degrees from what we've been enjoying the last few weeks. I was almost shocked that he had to run upstairs and grab a sweatshirt before getting on the bus this morning.

We were as ready as could be....we went to the open house last night and met his new teacher, Mrs. Firl. I was a little disappointed to see that none of his close friends are in his class, in fact they all seem to be in one other class, but that will just give him the opportunity to come out of his shell more. Daddy gave him a sweet blessing last night. He was too anxious/nervous/excited to eat a good breakfast this morning, but I was finally able to talk him into a trail mix granola bar. We were relieved to see his bus driver from last year, Melissa Adams, this morning. I was a little anxious for him, but I knew he'd be fine. I just can't believe how fast he's growing up! He had a great first day, at least he's excited to go back again tomorrow....I'd say we're off to a great start!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Carter loved Ms. Firl. Hope it's a great year!