Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend 2011

Not even sure where to begin with our whirlwind 4th of July weekend this year! Friday I had planned to go to Spokane to be with my cousin's family as they were sealed in the temple for time and all eternity (so sad I had to miss it, but soooo excited for them!). I was unable to find someone to watch my kiddos, so instead we took a little trip to see my friend Ashley and her sweet baby and kids. We hung out for the afternoon and then headed to a sprinkler park for a bit before dinner. I'm not sure why I have no pictures other than those from the sprinkler park, and even then there are none of Lauren running through the sprinklers. Maybe because she spent most of her time elsewhere, like the sand or the playground! Here's a few that I did manage to catch....

We had so much fun and I'm very much looking forward to the next time we get together!


Saturday was mostly spent around the house. Todd got to go fishing that morning with a friend and managed to catch a walleye. We decided to do some dutch oven cooking that night and headed out to Todd's parent's house so we could spend some time with them and use their fire pit. After a yummy (although a little late) dinner, we roasted some marshmallows over a fire. It was a perfect night to enjoy being outdoors.


Sunday we went to church, then headed off to a Cole family dinner. I love family dinners and just hanging out with everyone, talking and laughing. Mom and Andy took Garrett and Lauren for the night, so we made our way home with just Ella. She definitely missed her big brother and sister and ended up being pretty high maintenance that night. She even ended up sleeping with us.


Monday morning, we headed back over to meet them and have breakfast with their ward. It was at the Cox Pond so there was lots for the kids to do. It wasn't in our plans but all of the kids ended up in the water at some point. Todd and I enjoyed the time in the bench swing there just watching the kids have fun with their cousins. We went to my mom's to get some rest (which we ALL needed, Garrett and Lauren both slept all afternoon) and headed out to watch my brothers and cousins do awesome in the demolition derby. On the way home we stopped at my cousin Mishelle's house just in time to have hot dogs and s'mores, and watch all the fireworks over the lake. We arrived home one tired bunch (I felt so sorry for Todd who had to get up at 5:00 the next morning).

We had such a fun weekend and I am so grateful for all those who have sacrificed for our freedom, so that we can enjoy all the amazing things that I hold most dear in this life.

No comments: