So does anyone read this thing anymore?! LOL! I was feeling a bit nostalgic tonight and reading through some of my posts over the last few years. First, where the heck has all the time gone? Second, wow, have I become a blogging slacker! Since my reason for keeping this blog is that it is essentially our family journal, I've decided I need to remember to post about the little things, as well as the usual holiday/sports season/big life events stuff. :)
Soooo...what have we been up to? For one, preparing for that little bundle of joy I told you about here . Oh yeah, and that little bundle of joy is a BOY! See....serious slacker here, we've only known for 12 or so weeks now and I'm just now posting it on my blog! I can't begin to tell you how excited we are to add another boy to the family! We have a little over 7 weeks (yikes!) left to prepare for this little man. Part of those preparations must include buying a new vehicle, something my dear husband has been in denial about. I'm not too worried, though, because it HAS to happen. I've given in to the fact that it may not happen in my time frame, and may not be exactly what I was hoping for, but it will happen and whatever comes, comes. We should also be coming up with a name for this little guy, but have come to the conclusion that boys are very hard to name and putting it off just sounds better than fighting, ahem, fretting about it. :) I have to say a little about this pregnancy.....it has been one of my easiest. Not to say that my teeth aren't falling apart as usual or that my back isn't KILLING me half the time, but at least to this point it has gone by very quickly and at least when I sleep, I sleep semi-well compared to when I was pregnant with the girls. Now, here's to hoping the next 7 1/2 (give or take) weeks go just a well!
Garrett's really enjoying school this year and has been keeping busy the last month or so with soccer. His new favorite position is goalie, which surprises me, but to each his own! We have noticed some issues with his breathing/endurance this season so I took him to our family doctor and he will be referring us to a pulmonologist for further testing to see if he Garrett may have exercise-induced asthma. We only have a couple weeks left this season, but it will be nice to have some answers.
Lauren is back in ballet and LOVING it. Other than that, she has been working hard on her home-preschool workbooks and amazes me every day with her ability to soak it all in. This girl loves to learn. She writes her own name very well and is working on her middle and last names. She's always asking me how to spell this word or that word so she can write "letters" to her friends. Such a sweetie!
Our little Ella is just busy, busy, busy! Just this morning I was informed by Lauren that Ella had gotten hold of a permanent marker and proceeded to leave her signature on the walls, bunkbeds, toddler bed, not to mention HERSELF! If you happen to see her and it looks like she has a black eye, that's because the purple marker hasn't scrubbed off yet!!! I'm not sure how I'll survive this busy little girl once we have the baby. Luckily she's as sweet as she is busy. I love the new things she comes up with every day, and her ability to quote movie lines...it's pretty hilarious. Luckily she hasn't heard and/or quoted anything too embarrassing...yet!
I think that about sums up our lives at the moment. Hopefully the posts will get more frequent, even if the only ones reading them end up being US!
Soooo...what have we been up to? For one, preparing for that little bundle of joy I told you about here . Oh yeah, and that little bundle of joy is a BOY! See....serious slacker here, we've only known for 12 or so weeks now and I'm just now posting it on my blog! I can't begin to tell you how excited we are to add another boy to the family! We have a little over 7 weeks (yikes!) left to prepare for this little man. Part of those preparations must include buying a new vehicle, something my dear husband has been in denial about. I'm not too worried, though, because it HAS to happen. I've given in to the fact that it may not happen in my time frame, and may not be exactly what I was hoping for, but it will happen and whatever comes, comes. We should also be coming up with a name for this little guy, but have come to the conclusion that boys are very hard to name and putting it off just sounds better than fighting, ahem, fretting about it. :) I have to say a little about this pregnancy.....it has been one of my easiest. Not to say that my teeth aren't falling apart as usual or that my back isn't KILLING me half the time, but at least to this point it has gone by very quickly and at least when I sleep, I sleep semi-well compared to when I was pregnant with the girls. Now, here's to hoping the next 7 1/2 (give or take) weeks go just a well!
I think that about sums up our lives at the moment. Hopefully the posts will get more frequent, even if the only ones reading them end up being US!



2 comments:
I'm with you, I hadn't posted in forever either but I'd really like to keep it up so that someday when I have the time I can make it into a book. I love your postings and can't wait to meet your new little guy!
I'm here Shana, I feel the same way, that no one reads this anymore but I love to blog and love to read the blogs. Keep posting. Good luck with your new little one!
Post a Comment