Lauren's birthday was something talked about daily (maybe even hourly!) for months leading up to her first "friend" party. She had opinions about pretty much every aspect of the party. In many ways it was lots of fun to get her input. She invited five of her little friends for lunch, fun games and activities, and of course cake! As I was making her cake the night before, she was adamant that she was going to stay awake until the cake was done. About 11:00 I notice my little helper had disappeared and was snoozing away on the couch....some helper! ;) I also worked on some of the decorations while the little miss was sleeping so she was pretty excited to wake up to all the fun things on the walls.We had a great time at her little party and I was amazed at how well behaved those girls were! I guess I'm just used to wild boy parties or something, but the girls did great. As each girl came in, we got a picture of them (to be used in one of our crafts), most of the girls decided they wanted Lauren in their picture with them, so cute! Then they sat down and colored a Tangled picture. Here was the first shocker for me, they colored until I told them they had to stop so we could move on to the next activity! We had lunch of mac and cheese, apples, and corn dogs (by Lauren's request), played a couple of games, made some fun crafts, then on to yummy cake and ice cream. We barely had time to finish up and start opening presents before parents started arriving.
All in all I'd say Lauren's first big birthday bash was a success! A HUGE thanks to my mother-in-law Velvet for being there to help keep things running smoothly! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment