Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy VaLeNtInE's Day!

I've noticed as my children get older and begin to understand holidays other than Christmas, I find myself getting more excited about all these other holidays, as well. We've been celebrating Valentine's Day in our house since last week when Todd sent me roses. That night we worked on Garrett's valentines for school, and Lauren was feeling a little left out. The above picture is what we did, although to see them in person is much cuter. I found the idea online last year (or maybe even the year before). Since Garrett is such a BOY, I've never been allowed to get crafty with his valentines. It's all about the superheros or sports for him. And while I'm sure Lauren would have jumped at the chance to have something more "princessy", she was just happy to have something to give to her friends. Especially once we added the suckers! Friday night Todd and I were able to attend a tri-ward dinner and enjoyed chatting with friends (HUGE thanks to the Balciar girls for volunteering to watch the kids, they had so much fun!).

Unfortunately Todd leaves for work while everyone else is still snoring away, so he didn't get to join us for a yummy breakfast of chocolate chip waffles (which I highly recommend with strawberries/strawberry syrup and whipped cream, seriously.... H.E.A.V.E.N.). We'll make it up to him with some delicious dinner and dessert tonight. I suppose I should go figure out what that is going to be......Happy Valentine's Day! :)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Cute! I cannot believe how BEAUTIFUL Lauren has gotten! She looks so GROWN UP! Watch out boys - we got ourselves a HEARTBREAKER!!!