
So Garrett had his 7th birthday a couple of weeks ago, so I guess I'd better blog about it before we hit Lauren's birthday in March. :) I'm not sure what we'd do without this little man in our lives. He is the sweetest kid. Still on the shy side, but doing so great. He enjoys school, loves his class, and also very much enjoys his days off. He's found something of a new love for reading, which I'm hoping will continue to grow. He lost his first tooth just before Christmas. He will be finishing up Mat Muscle next week (still can't talk him into doing tournaments) and will hopefully be starting up soccer next month (long story short, I didn't get the paperwork in on time, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that he'll be able to play in the U-8 league. Garrett has grown to enjoy video games a lot more since getting the Xbox for Christmas. Mom enjoys the motivation it gives him for getting his schoolwork done first, and the time restrictions for playing. He is almost ALWAYS a great helper around the house, and helps with Ella with minimal complaints.

Since it was an odd year birthday, his party was limited to grandparents (although he did talk us into letting his cousin Brenton in on the fun too, Hallie got to tag along too and was Lauren's buddy for the night). We had fun putting together his Ben 10 themed cake and headed out for pizza. The kids were so entertained by the video games, we were lucky to get any food in them at all. It turned out to be a great little party and we had one happy birthday boy.
I just have to include this picture I snapped of Ella and Andy that night. It was too cute watching them "play".

No comments:
Post a Comment