Monday, November 1, 2010

hAlLoWeEn 2o1o!

I've decided I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween. It's {sometimes} fun to dress up the kids, they get TONS of candy {which we then have to decide whether to ration or let them have at it and get it over with}, it's fun but stressful trying to keep track of the kids while trick or treating downtown or at the church trunk-or-treat. I also decided that we are NEVER using face paint again....NEVER! (Can someone please remind me of this next year, just in case I get another crazy idea in my head?) It was supposed to be on Garrett's face, but was also on his costume, his hands, Todd's sweatshirt, both the girls' hair (?!) and pretty much any where else you can think of. We all survived though and this year we had Iron Man, a ballerina, and a bear. The bear refused to wear her bear hat so she kept everyone guessing as to what she actually was, and the Iron Man mask was rarely worn. I decided this year to ration out the candy and they are given one piece about twice a day. It's worked out much better than I expected, although I have caught a certain three year old sneaking candy more than once!

Halloween is special to our family for another reason. It's also my mom's birthday. I think this year worked out really well for her with Halloween being on Sunday. Most of the trick-or-treating was done on Saturday so it was more of a family day to celebrate her birthday. We love her so much and are glad we were able to spend the afternoon getting together with the family. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Mom!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I so agree with you about halloween. And your kids are getting so big! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lauren is HILARIOUS! what a girlie girl she is!!!