Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ward Christmas Party and Pictures with Santa

Pretty sad that there has been nothing to report since Halloween. We did have a GREAT Thanksgiving, I just didn't get any pictures to post so it makes it hard to blog. We had a great time with Todd's side of the family and already miss those we don't get to see that often.

Now that the Christmas Season is in full swing we are keeping busy with decorating, baking, eating, shopping, and more eating! Oh, and parties too! Last weekend we had our ward Christmas party and since we weren't sure if Santa's schedule would allow him to drop by, we decided to take the kids down to the ERC where they had pictures with Santa and lots of activities for the kids. I hadn't taken them down there since Garrett was a toddler, so I was curious to see if they would enjoy it. The kids had a lot of fun getting their faces painted, making ornaments, decorating a bag to hold all their goodies, and participating in the Candy Cane Walk. Lauren could have stayed at that one all day. FYI, all of this would have been well documented with pictures if I hadn't forgotten to put the memory card back in my camera. Speaking of which, my camera bag got left on the chair when we headed home. I didn't realize this until we had unloaded the kids at home so I went tearing back down to the ERC and it was still sitting right where we left it! Sometimes it's nice living in a small town! We did finally talk the kids into a picture with Santa, but I'll be waiting on that one in the mail.
That night Santa ALSO made a special trip to our ward party, here are the kids' pictures and what they asked for.
Garrett asked for a Donkey Kong Wii game and Indiana Jones Legos.
Lauren asked for a Rapunzel doll "just like her cousin Arianne got for her birthday." :)
As you can see, Ella wasn't too thrilled with the whole sitting on Santa's lap thing....I'm sure if she had asked for something it would have been along the lines of Dora the Explorer and/or stickers. (This girl is obsessed with both!)

1 comment:

Mishelle Noyes said...

So cute! You're such a good mom!! I have my iphone camera and still forget to take pictures of the important stuff! Merry Christmas!