Wednesday, July 14, 2010

In Stitches

Well, pretty much everyone has heard the story by now, but I got pictures so I might as well blog about it! The night before I was to have a wedding cake done and a family reunion to pack for, my two older kids were playing outside. I was busy in the house trying to get things ready, but checking on my kids every few minutes. All the sudden one of the little neighbor boys comes running in to say that Garrett had been hit on the head with a rock and was bleeding. I got outside to see Garrett running toward me with blood gushing down his face. Great! I got him calmed down and was trying to clean him up, but he wouldn't let me get close enough to really see it. That....and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Apparently a little girl who is always visiting our neighbors got mad and threw a big sharp rock right at his head. The funny thing is she wasn't mad at Garrett, she was mad at the other boy. It's amazing how much those head wounds bleed, even if they really aren't that big. I finally got the bleeding to stop but he still wouldn't let me get too close until Todd got home. Once we finally got a good look at it we decided we had better take him in. So, we packed the kids up and headed for the acute care office. One strapped down traumatized kid, six stitches, and one prescription for antibiotics later, we headed home with instructions not to get them wet for a week. Great....that would be easy in the middle of summer with a day at the pond for the reunion! It might have been easier if it wasn't in his hairline where I couldn't stick a waterproof bandage. A week later he got the stitches out (this time he took it like a champ), and he's happy to be swimming again with no restrictions or dirty looks from mom!

Before stitches....

After stitches....

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow. Talk about mean girls...

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

How did I not hear about this?!