Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun Run and Field Day

When Garrett's elementary school sent home a note saying that they were having a fun run and that parent's were invited to join in I got really excited. I thought it would be great to strap the girls in the stroller and join Garrett. Plus...they were having a parent lunch and field day on the same day, so I figured I'd just hang out at the school most of the day. Unfortunately the note we got the day before said the Fun Run started at 9:00, and when I got there found out that they were actually close to finishing up. Bummer. So instead I waited it out at the finish line.....and waited....and waited..... See, Garrett's a good runner, but apparently not a a DISTANCE runner :). All the sudden I see him sprinting toward the finish line and pulled out my camera just in time for this shot: He informed me later that he had a side ache and got really TIRED! :)
That afternoon we joined them for Field Day. I had gotten to know all the kids in his class fairly well by volunteering for an hour each week in class. It was fun to spend the afternoon with them snapping pictures to share with the other moms I know. Here are a few of my favorites of Garrett...

No comments: