In an effort to stay on top of things, you get a mish mash of what we've been up to:



#1- My almost 1 year old is sporting a new smile these days. I think it's hilarious. She does it for random people in the store, at church, pretty much everywhere we go and generally on command.
#2- I bought some small pie pumpkins before Thanksgiving to leave on our porch for decoration, it was a week after Thanksgiving before I realized I either needed to throw them out or do something with them. I decided to try my hand at a pumpkin pie made entirely from scratch. As a side note...I don't make pies. The last time I tried to make a pie was at least 10 years ago, and it was a disaster! So I was pleasantly surprised with this little beauty. :) Now it's not all fancy with pinched edges and such, but it got the seal of approval from my boys so I was happy with it. P.S. Please pay no attention to the obnoxiously apparent water spots on my griddle...

#3- We had our ward Christmas party last Saturday. I could not believe the turnout we had. Great party, great company, great food. The Primary played the parts for the reading of the Nativity, and Garrett was asked to be a wise man. He did great. Of course, all he had to do was kneel off to the side, but we're talking HUGE improvement from last year! At the end of the program they opened up the stage as the "Red Brick Store" and had big containers of candy and things for the kids to fill up little bags. I thought the kids would be disappointed that there was no Santa this year, but they didn't even mention it so I guess the candy was the REAL star of the show.

+1 :) And last but NOT least! Happy Birthday to my handsome and wonderful husband, who is stuck at school tonight. We are SO grateful for all he does for us. He has been so very busy the last few months, with work, school, and fire, but has a WELL DESERVED break coming up. Hopefully with some extra time for coyote hunting, his current obsession, ahem, HOBBY of choice. HaPpY bIrThDaY ToDd! :)



4 comments:
Love that smile. To cute!!!! Happy Birthday Todd. Your Christmas program is done? Lucky.
You can make beautiful cakes and can't make a pie? I somehow don't believe you! Happy b-day Todd!
Oh, and Ella is so cute!
I wish our ward had Christmas programs with the kids. I don't know why we dont. So I hate reading your blogs because I get so jealous of all the talent you have. J/K oh by the way I want you to take our family pictures this weekend :-) Bring the pie :-) Happy Birthday Todd!!
I've seen that Ella smile and it's even cuter in person.Garrett was a very handsome and respectable wiseman. Todd , happy birthday! So proud of you and the kind of person you are. I just had a flashback of you about 2 years old in the middle of my kitchen table trying to grab the fish out of its bowl. You are always there when I need you. (a tear rolling down my cheek)Hope it was a good day for you :)
Post a Comment