Me: Are you yelling at MY kid?
Him: Yeah, he was by my truck.
Me: So, he's five, what's he gonna do?
Him: He was by my truck, you don't know what he could have been doing.
Me: I know exactly what he was doing, he was chasing squirrels.
Him: Well, he could have been taking something for all I know. (checking to make sure nothing's missing)
Me: He's FIVE, are you serious?
Him: Well he shouldn't be messing around by my truck.
Me: HE WAS CHASING SQUIRRELS!!!! And don't you dare yell at my kid unless you KNOW he was doing something wrong. You scared him half to death, and HE IS ONLY FIVE!
Him: Well I'm sorry but he...
Me: I'm sorry too, but DO NOT yell at my kid if he's not doing anything wrong.
Him: He started running when I got back over here.
Me: Because I was yelling at him to get his butt back over by me.
Him: Well, uh....
Well, you get the point. I was shaking by the time it was over, I was SO MAD! Todd was just walking over when I turned around and headed back. We started fishing for a little bit longer, but noticed all the guys with him had returned from the falls and they were all drinking and talking and watching us, so we decided to leave. We had such a good time up to that point, it was such a disappointing way to end our evening. Garret got a good lecture on the way home about staying close to us, and hopefully learned a good lesson.





11 comments:
Oh man! That would have made me so mad. He sounds like a jerk. I don't know where he got off yelling, who in their right mind would yell at a 5 year old? ha ha, I'm glad you were there to the rescue!
Way to go Shana! The world is full of poop heads that ruin it for the rest of us. You did the right thing! (did you cry after it was all over. I would have)
Aunt Lorrie
What an idiot! Good job for not putting up with it!
Kyle got attacked by a momma cow once when he had to check on the calf, he came home and said we needed life insurance...goes to show you never get between a momma and her baby!!
Garrett is a pretty sketchy kid, Im sure he was stealing a stereo system or something!:) Good for you for standing up for him. People need to but out!
Geeze. Was it a really nice truck?? I doubt that a five year old could do anything to it. Plus, he had no right at yelling at your son. Good for you for standing to for him!!
Nope, it was an old Jimmy with the back window knocked out! That's the thing, we're wondering if there was something in there he didn't want anyone seeing.
Don't mess with Mama! Good for you. Sounds like they were up to no good.
I can't beleive this!!! It's sad that you can't even take your family for a quiet evening at a State Park without some idiot ruining the event. Poor Garrett, but way to go Mama!
I sure dont have to worry about my grandchildren. They are in good hands. Dont get between a mom and her cub! Nice fish Todd!
I cant believe he was yelling #1 at Garret and #2 at you, some teenagers have NO respect for anyone. I am fuming right now, I am so glad you put him in his place. Where is his mama?
Post a Comment