Thursday, June 25, 2009

6 months already???


Wow, so I just keep getting further and further behind on these posts! I have good reasons, but I just don't know where the time goes. Anyway....Ella turned 6 months ten days ago, and I finally got her in for her check up today. She finally surpassed the 15 lb mark, weighing in at 15.5 lbs. and is 25.5 inches long. I was a little surprised she was still below the 50 % mark because she's been chunking up quite a bit. Here's what she's up to these days....

*She rolls quite a bit, and can even scooch forward or back if she's on the right kind of surface.

*She started dancing a bit the other day...it doesn't last very long when it happens, but it's dang cute!

*She's eating fruits quite well. I've yet to find a vegetable that she consistantly likes, and she really doesn't care for cereal at this point.

*She's still sleeping through the night and I'm loving it. We'll see how she does tonight since she got her shots today.

*She loves the water, whether it be in the bathtub or swimming pool. When I sit on the edge of the pool she leans as far as she can off my lap so she can splash the water. Thank goodness for zero-depth pools so I can set her in front of me to play.

*She loves pacifiers, but not for the same reason as most kids her age. She just chews on them, like it's a teether or something. It's quite cute to see her huge smile behind that binky when I put her in her crib.

I'm sure there's more. As usual, I just can't believe how fast she's growing up. I love each new stage and I'm so very grateful to have her as a part of our family. Her big brother and sister are fiercely protective of her and yet are always fighting over her and practically smothering her. It drives me crazy at times, but it's good to see she is so loved.

4 comments:

CarolAnn said...

So cute. I love her swimming suit in that picture. Man, I want to see her in person--what a little angel.

Mishelle Noyes said...

I noticed you posted this blog quite late! You are such a night owl!
She's such a cutie. I love her little dance! Cute cute!

Velvet said...

She always seems so happy. I adore her smile.

ab5cgang said...

Crazy thought.