
Easter Sunday was full of more food, more family, and more fun! The kids woke up early to see what the Easter Bunny had brought them. The Easter Bunny had planned to come Saturday morning (so Sunday could be all about Jesus Christ), but must have been too busy so he (or she? ;) had to come Sunday. Garrett and Lauren got colored chocolate bunnies, bubble guns, sidewalk chalk, and Mario Kart! Ella slept through that whole thing, but the Easter Bunny brought her a little bunny too. We've had so much fun playing Mario Kart, maybe someday we'll get brave enough to take on some friends online!
We headed to church and everyone looked so cute in their Easter clothes! Unfortunately in our rush to be there on time we didn't get pictures. I promise I'll add some later! We only stayed for Sacrament meeting so we could head over to Grandma Cole's for yet another Easter Egg Hunt and potluck. It was so cold and rainy they didn't last long outside, but still had plenty of eggs and candy to last a long while! There was one egg that Lauren found, but refused to pick up because it had a scary (or so SHE thought) face on it! Then I think she saw the candy in it so it was OK ;). Again, we had a great time with the family and Daddy got to join us this time!!!
We headed to church and everyone looked so cute in their Easter clothes! Unfortunately in our rush to be there on time we didn't get pictures. I promise I'll add some later! We only stayed for Sacrament meeting so we could head over to Grandma Cole's for yet another Easter Egg Hunt and potluck. It was so cold and rainy they didn't last long outside, but still had plenty of eggs and candy to last a long while! There was one egg that Lauren found, but refused to pick up because it had a scary (or so SHE thought) face on it! Then I think she saw the candy in it so it was OK ;). Again, we had a great time with the family and Daddy got to join us this time!!!
Sunday night we headed over to the Chamberlain's for more food! ;) We capped off the weekend with a nice dinner with Todd's parents and brothers. This time the Easter Egg Hunt was in the living room, and we were all more than happy with that!
Whew! It makes me tired just writing about it all! I'm so grateful for Easter and the true meaning of it. I'm afraid we let the craziness get to us this year, but it doesn't make us any less grateful for what the Savior went through for each and every one of us. Spending time with our families just increases our faith and our desire to return to live with our Heavenly Father someday, as a family.



4 comments:
Holy Cow Shana! Ya'll did have a busy weekend! But it sounds like ya'll had fun non the less!
I love how you arranged your pictures. Very cute!
Cute photos! And your new blog background is awesome! I need to spruce mine up one of these days.
Busy busy busy. Your a great woman Shana. Glad you all had so much fun.
Post a Comment