10 years ago
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
10 years!
Wow, I don't even know where to begin. Todd and I have been married 10 years today. He is my best friend. It hasn't been perfect or easy but our challenges have brought us to a much greater and deeper love. He works hard so that I can be there for our kids, and that means the world to me. We hardly ever "fight" and when we do, we don't stay mad long, our marriage means too much to let little things get in the way. I'm so very blessed to have him in my life, and as the father of my children.
I've seen this game of Husband Tag on several blogs, and I decided in honor of our anniversary I'd finally do it myself...
1. Where did you first meet? My front door :) We were set up on a blind date by his sister, Aletha, then went on a double date with her. Thanks Aletha! :)
2. How long did you date before you got married? 3 months and a week or so. Yikes!
3. How long have you been married? 10 years!
4. What does he do that surprises you? So many things...he hates when I expect something, so he'll wait until it will be a surprise. He made me breakfast in bed on Sunday, and left me a letter this morning :)
5. What is your favorite feature of his? Those puppy dog eyes.
6. What is your favorite quality of his? He is an amazing father, so goofy, compassionate, and totally understands when I need to get out of the house!
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Usually just babe
8. What is his favorite color? I've asked him that so many times and he just says he doesn't have one...his favorite hat is orange though, and he looks really good in green.
9. What is his favorite food? What he calls Shanaladas,
salmon, oysters, pretty much anything seafood
10. What is his favorite sport? UFC, all the way...
11. When and where was your first kiss? Second date, in the car when he dropped me off at home.
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Hang out and watch movies.
13. Do you have any children? 2 amazing kids and one more on the way!
14. Does he have a hidden talent? I don't know that I'd call it a "hidden" talent, but that man can make more faces than anyone I know. Another talent is his compassion in his work. He's really good at what he does.
15. How old is he? Soon to be 34
16. Who said "I love you" first? I did, which was surprising to even myself. He left me hanging for a while.
17. What is his favorite type of music? Anything Bryan Adams, U2, Duran Duran..the old stuff for our generation.
18. What do you admire most about him? His ability to take most everything in stride, it takes a lot to make him angry most of the time. He's so dang patient with me!
19. Do you think he will read this? Definitely if he's sees our blog up on the screen. He always wants to see what I'm telling the world about us :)
20. I tag: Anyone who reads my blog regularly and wants to join in :) it was fun to think and post about “the little things”.
Happy Anniversary Todd!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
oh the memories, Todd looks so young...Congrats on the big 10!
I loved to read your comments on the tag. There is another side to Todd I had no idea :)
You're welcome. haha :) You guys are definitely meant to be! I am SO happy that you are in the family Shana!
Happy anniversary! I didn't realize you two had been married that long. And your photo is so cute! You look so different with blond hair. Hooray about the Cricut! What better anniversary gift is there than than?
Wow! 10 yrs is impressive. We just had our 8 yr mark. I know its not always easy but Im learning more and more how worth it is! Congrats to both you and Todd! Hope you get to do something fun together!
I hope Seth and I are as happy as you guys are when we have been married 10 years! Congratulations. I just love reading your blog!
Happy anniversary!
Wow ten years that is hard to believe... well I guess not considerding I have been married over 2 1/2 years now... and have a baby!! CRAZY!!
Congratulations. I prayed for some
one wonderful for Todd to marry and
Aletha helped Heavenly Father carry
out his answer. Love you both soooooooooooo much.
Post a Comment