Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yum-O

I. Love. Breakfast. Almost all of my favorite foods would qualify as breakfast foods. So when I started hearing about this thing called a German Pancake I started getting curious. My cousin was almost drooling just talking about it. So....this morning I pulled out my recipe books and found a few recipes to go by. I have to say I was definitely NOT disappointed. Oh my goodness! Yum! Why have I never had this before??? So I only got one picture before my camera batteries died and it's not the prettiest thing ever, but I have to tell you it was soooo good. Even Todd was impressed. I think this one's going to be made quite often around here.


German Pancakes:
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/4 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter (although I think I'm going to try a little less next time)

With blender or mixer, combine milk, flour, eggs, and salt. In a 9x13 inch pan (I used 9x9), melt butter in hot oven until sizzling. Pour batter into hot pan and bake at 450 for 25 minutes. Serve with syrup, powdered sugar, or fruit topping.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

German pancakes is actually something that Troy and Christian make together frequently on Saturday mornings at our house and we love them, too!

Anonymous said...

Well now, Im glad you included the recipe. I have a feeew eggs to go , I just might have to try it!

Thanks Shana :)

AOlson said...

Look delisious!!! Will have to try it. Thanks, I am sure Kevin and the kids will love it.

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Oh yum!! sounds really yummy!! Maybe when I can eat that stuff again i will try it!

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

http://chelsearosephoto.com/SMALL1409.jpg

Check out this cute pic of Lauren that i took while babysitting that one day.

Velvet said...

I would like to order one for Sunday morning:) Thankyou for the recipe. I will certainly try it. Velvet

Kreanna said...

Awesome!! I am SO making this one tonight...thanks for the recipie!