Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A little bit of this...a little bit of that.

Um....er....well....we have been up to a whole lot of nothing exciting lately, hence the lack of blog posts. Todd's still very busy with school, and feeling a little burnt out. I try to give him a break when he's home, but with only one car that's the only time I have to do the household shopping. Let's just say we are very much looking forward to September, when he'll be done with massage school and all those trips to Wenatchee! I keep busy trying to track down good deals to save our family money and it's becoming a bit of an obsession. I just don't want to miss any free or dirt cheap stuff! ;) This last weekend I was able to make a cake for the baby shower of a girl in our ward. With some help from one of her coworkers, we came up with a design and she came over and helped with some of the fondant. I think it turned out pretty cute :)
After the cake was done Lauren decided she wanted to play with the leftover fondant....do we have a 3rd generation cake decorator in our midst??? Ever since Garrett's birthday, she asks me daily when we get to make her birthday cake....just one more month!
Garrett finished up wrestling and is anxiously awaiting the start of soccer season. He's enjoying school and is becoming quite the reader. How did my little man grow up so fast?
The week before Valentine's Day we had several kids over at different times so I baked up a batch of sugar cookies and let the kids go to town decorating them. I was glad to see when the cookies were all gone, because I am a huge fan of frosted sugar cookies and couldn't leave them alone!

2 comments:

Mishelle Noyes said...

I support that yummy addiction! i made a batch of sugar cookies today and couldnt keep my fingers from wandering over to them and into my mouth. My fault! Good job on the cake! It's cute! I can't believe Lauren is going to be 3 next month! She's so cute!

ab5cgang said...

Yummy I want cookies. Hmmmm.... I could go for cake too. LOL I love your cake.