Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Couponing...

So...there's not much going on in our little household these days. Someday I'll blog about our adventurous New Year's weekend, but not right now. It had it's highs and lows, but the lows are not enough of a distant memory just yet. :)
For now you get to hear about one of my new hobbies....couponing. I've always enjoyed getting a good deal on things I want, but it's slowly becoming a new obsession for me. Our year's supply is nowhere near where it should be and my plan is to start stocking up even more on the sales. By being smart with coupons and sales, my plan is to bulk up our supply, and meet our current needs on the same budget. I want to include stocking up on medicines and other household items as well, not just food. As far as household supplies go, Rite Aid is the best as far as couponing around here. I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to figure out how to get the best deals at Rite Aid this week. Now that I look at the picture it really looks kind of lame, but I was pretty excited about my deals and thought if I blogged about them it might give me extra incentive to keep going with it. Especially considering that most of those individual things cost more than I actually ended up paying for the whole.
After $20 worth of coupons I spent $16.22, and will be getting $10.99 back in rebates (which I've already submitted online) for a total of $5.23!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I only started in November myself and I've really been learning a lot. I love RiteAid, too and like that even though they usually limit one item for the single check rebates, it's not a crazy place to shop like Walgreens can be and RiteAid usually has everything in stock.

Mishelle Noyes said...

I'm so proud of you! You are my shining example!!

Shellie said...

Nice job. And it is actually really useful stuff...I might have to get some tips.

Going Family said...

Great Job! I don't have a RiteAid. It would be nice. Places I like to stock up on is Walgreens, Target, Safeway, Albertson's, WalMart, Staples, and Ace Hardware.

I am missing a few things, but I am pretty much at a year supply of non food nessecities. (Ok, my shampoo and toothpaste stock is a little out of control, but when you get it for free, I just can't help myself.)