Monday, October 19, 2009

Kickin' It

Our little man finally got his wish and was able to play soccer this fall. I have to admit, I was a little (OK, a lot!) nervous about him being too shy to really participate. I think Kindergarten has helped so very much and participate he did! That little boy had a blast. His team was the Cosmos, and they were such a cute bunch. Last Thursday, the 8th was their last game. It was so much fun to watch those kids and see their personalities on the field. Garrett never did score a goal. I think his shyness would take over and he had a little trouble being aggressive and getting to the ball. He probably ran three times as much as everyone else on the field though. See, as other kids ran to follow the ball, Garrett pretty much ran in circles around the group of kids with the ball. The whole time he was giggling and had a huge smile on his face. Maybe someday I'll get the video uploaded, it's quite entertaining. Each game he progressed though and eventually he started getting a little more agressive. However, he'd get the ball then lose it, because he'd stop to line up the "perfect" shot. He came this close to scoring in that last game. Maybe next spring he won't have such an adjustment period. He had a great coach, Coach Hussey, who had the patience of a saint with those little 5 year olds. It was a great experience and we are definitely looking forward to next spring.

6 comments:

Chad and Jaycie said...

He's so cute! He looks like a soccer stud!

My New Life As Mom said...

Now isn't that just precious! He looks like he's having a blast! I bet he'll love it even more, next year, now that he's had a successful year under his belt.

Velvet said...

Was soooo fun to watch Garrett play. He really did enjoy it.

The Howards said...

We call it the moving amoebas soccer at our house. It is hilarious!!

ab5cgang said...

I am glad he love it. WooHoo soccer. Welcome to the soccer mom club. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great scrap pages. We just finished soccer! I had all 3 boys in it and I'm so tired. {{wink}}

I wanted to give you a heads up that TipJunkie.com is doing their 12 Days of Junkie again. I hope you'll head on over and participate like you did last year.

Hope to see you there!!

Laurie
http://www.tipjunkie.com