Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Adventure in the Emerald City!

Last Friday, Mishelle and I set off to have some fun in Seattle with all seven of our kids. By the time we made it to the hotel, there was just enough time for some of the kids to get in a quick (literally a few minutes) swim in the pool and eat some pizza before heading to bed. It did take quite a while to get them settled in since they had all taken "naps" in the car.

The next morning we walked to the Space Needle and picked up our City Passes, definitely the way to go if you want to explore what Seattle has to offer. Garrett was so excited to see the "Space Noodle" before we corrected him between chuckles. After our ride up the Space Needle (my first time, by the way) we headed to the Pacific Science Center where the kids had a great time in the Water Works, Body Works, and Animal Exhibits. Garrett was a little freaked out by the Dinosaur Exhibit at first, but finally realized we were telling the truth and the dinosaurs weren't real! We hit an IMAX movie before heading down to the docks to catch a cruise around the harbor.

I think the boat ride had some great scenery, but was a little stressful trying to keep track of all the kids. We had hoped to hit the Aquarium next, but it was closed by the time we got there so we headed over to Pikes Place. They were closing down so after a quick walk through we trekked back to our hotel. The kids were such troopers, it was at least 10 or 12 blocks and we didn't hear one complaint. Even from little Lauren who held Mishelle's hand all the way back.
We really wanted to eat at the Cheesecake Factory so we all jumped in the suburban and headed out to eat. It was somewhere between 9:30 and 10:00 by the time we got seated and the kids were pretty tired. Mishelle and I were doing our best to keep everyone under control. A lady finally tapped on my shoulder and told me how well behaved our children were. I just about busted up laughing, but she was totally serious. I have to give the kids credit though, they did awesome. We got our cheesecake to go and headed back to the hotel, where there was not a parking spot to be found. After driving around for what seemed like forever (during which time we saw two hookers and lots of other crazy people) we finally spotted a space from the street so I jumped out and held our spot until Mishelle could make it back around (and boy was she quick). The kids were all OUT at this point, but we managed to get everyone into the room and out for the night.
The next morning we ate and headed for the zoo. We somehow made it out of there will all of our kids. My poor stroller had a casualty, while pumping up the tire that had been leaking air, we managed to pop the tube and give half the zoo-goers a coronary. Then, when we tried to leave, Mishelle discovered that a light had been left on and we had a dead battery. Thanks to a cute security officer we were on our way shortly. ;) We finally made it to the Aquarium and finished off our trip rushing back to the car so we wouldn't get a ticket for an expired meter.
We really had such a great time, seven kids and all. I had to laugh every time we got that look from someone who thought we were crazy carting all those kids around. We made some great memories and I'm so glad we were just crazy enough to brave the city with all our kids. I want to thank Mishelle for showing us such a great time.
(for more pictures of our adventure, visit http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114459&id=521129925&l=c5d96a2870)

7 comments:

Leslie said...

It sounds like you had such a fun time!I'm amazed at all the fun things you fit in with all those kids in tow. Makes me wish Troy and I would have taken time to visit a few of those spots while we were in Seattle last week.

Jodie said...

Sounds like y'all had an awesome time! You and Mishelle are such wonderful mothers!

Going Family said...

You and Mishelle are very, very brave!

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

brave!

ab5cgang said...

So much fun. You two are brave mommys. I took a trip once with all the girls and two was enough to keep track of on my own. Way to go.

Heather said...

So brave...but so fun!

My New Life As Mom said...

That's awesome! I love it when people "brave the elements" and experience such joys with their kids. Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves.