Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How time flies!

Wow, can you believe Memorial Day weekend is already over??? It was a great weekend for us, but I just can't believe how fast it flew by. Our weekend started out with a trip to Tacoma on Saturday morning for State 2A track. Todd's brother Wes was competing in three events. It was awesome weather, and we all came home with pink skin because we'd been expecting rain, not sunshine! Wes did great, he got 1st place in Pole Vault, and set a state meet record (He also placed in his other two events). Garrett was so proud of him! I had cute little shirts made but unfortunately this was the only picture I got there before my batteries died. I'll get pics of the kids in their shirts later, I didn't think we'd ever get Garrett to take his off!

Sunday was a lazy day. We didn't have church until 1:00. Then we get there only to be told we get to go home right after sacrament meeting. Something was up with the sewer system. I can't tell you how disappointed I was not to be teaching my YW lesson that day. ;)
Monday came the tradition of visiting the graves of my ancestors. I really love this tradition because it's the only time I get to visit my dad and brother's graves, as well as both my grandpas (by the way, I did have some Columbine left over for Grandpa Cox, yeah!). It brings tears to my eyes every time I look at their headstones and all the memories come flooding back. I miss them all so much. I wish they could be here to share my growing little family with. It just reminds me how grateful I am to have the knowledge that we'll get to be together with them again someday!
After visiting the cemeteries we went to the park for a BBQ with my extended family. I just love this tradition too! All the yummy salads, and you can't go wrong with a steak off the grill! Unfortunately we didn't all walk away unscathed, poor Lauren took a tumble (she's always trying to run faster than her little legs can go) and ended up with a pretty good scrape on her forehead. She's a trooper though and it didn't take long before she was running around with the kids again.
Here's part of the family hanging out after lunch.
This is Lauren in the car on the way home. We were all soooo tired!
Garrett telling me not to take a picture of him :)

No comments: