Saturday, May 17, 2008

Beautiful


Last year when we moved into our house I noticed a single columbine flower blooming under where our hose hangs on the house of all places. I love columbine because it was my grandpa's favorite flower. I'm so happy to say that it's back this year and it looks like it's going to have more blooms this time. Here's the first one, it's funny that such a delicate pink flower can remind me so much of my grandpa...but he was such a huge part of my life growing up, there's not too much that doesn't remind me of him. So as we come upon Memorial Day, here's my reminder of my grandfather, Richard Lyle Cox. I can only hope there's still some left next weekend so I can leave them on his grave.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I was just looking at how beautiful these are at my mother-in-laws today. So delicate and so complex. What a beautiful way to remember your grandfather.

AOlson said...

Oh Shana, this was a very heart-felt post. Grandpa Cox indeed was an amazing man. You were very lucky to have him your whole life. This will be a great way to keep his memory alive.

Anonymous said...

Well now - can I just say TEARS! See ya Monday :)

Brit said...

I am so glad you found me!! Your little girl is so cute!!! Congrats on your third that is so exciting!!! Do you know what it is? Well I am excited for you and I am excited to find your blog!!!