The summer just can't be complete for me without a trip to the fair. Todd can take it or leave it, and I'm sure much to his pleasure, this year he had other things going. So I packed up the kids and headed to the fair for the afternoon. We met my mom and Andy there which was a huge help. We got there with just a little time before my niece, Hallie, was to perform with her dance group. She's such little cutie, we were glad we made it in time to watch her.

After that we headed over to the animal barns to see my niece and nephews' fair animals. We lucked out again that my cousin, NiCole, was on barn duty and pulled out one of her rabbits for the kids to pet. They loved it! I promised the kids they could go on a few rides, so that was our next stop.

The first ride was the all important carousel, then the airplanes, then a couple of the kid size roller coasters. Lauren really surprised me in wanting to go on the larger of the two roller coasters (for kids, of course), but then backed out at the last second saying she wanted to go on a different ride. What's funny is I really don't think it was out of fear that she backed out, I think she just thought the cars would be more fun!

After the rides we headed back to the main fairway and ran into lots of friends and family, my favorite part of going to the fair, other than all the yummy food, of course! We had Space Burgers, chocolate covered strawberries (oh yum!), ice cream, Lion's ears, kettle corn....so much good stuff. That night Garrett learned a hard lesson about eating too much junk food when he threw up in the middle of the night. He HATES throwing up even more than I do, so I know it's a lesson he won't soon forget!
This last picture is how loaded my double stroller was as we were walking Hallie back to the rabbit barns. I got quite a few chuckles with my crew +1.

No comments:
Post a Comment